Home Office 2.0
Sure, we've made a few desultory calls around, to see what sorts of services are available, in terms of broadband and cable and phones, but nothing terribly concrete. These are the sorts of services that are going to make or break our ability to be effective and productive remote workers, you would think we would be all over the options, and squealing with joy over the ability to design the space and all the accoutrements from the berber up!
Alas, aside from sitting in a few "star treck-esque" chairs, we really haven't done anything.
If you had the ability to design your office from the ground up - how would you do it?
Things that are must-haves:
1. Wireless connectivity inside the house
2. A reasonable sized desk for a laptop and *maybe* a monitor
3. Room for a printer
4. Room for interesting USB appliances and speakers
5. Phones: do we want VoIP again, or something else? There needs to be the ability for a spearate number for work, not necessarily a separate phone line. This number has to have a different ring to it. Plus, this number has to have the ability to change the caller id on it....or atleast have the ability to have a different caller ID than our main number. I bet I can find a VoIP solution for this,,,,
6. A comfy chair for curling up in during endless conference calls. (the wiz and I are at odds on this)
7. An uber-comfy work chair.