The third trip to the mailbox proved fruitful. The iPod Touch I won by participating in Iotum’s Facebook Free Conference Call contest arrived safely yesterday! Oh and she’s gorgeous.People are right. It’s a very neat device. But it’s the wifi that makes it all the more powerful. I sat in my library for over an hour last night, just sampling songs, deciding on which new tunes were worthy of downloading. At $0.99 a pop, you just don’t want to download willy nilly. :-) I loved the screen resolution on the Youtube videos, the sound quality is astounding. The browsing, once I got the hang of the *pinching* is amazing. Upside:
- Great sound quality - even with the included earbuds - the sound was fantastic. Even with a yicky, low quality mp3 i pulled off my home music library, the Touch made it sound quite reasonable!!
- Great resolution. Holy Great resolution. I could play Halo on this puppy.
- Really good app integration with the Safari Web Browser
- The touch screen is very cool. The first question the wiz had was “where’s the stylus?” :-)
- I love that there’s a decent display on how much memory is available vs used.
- Not thrilled about only being able to link to 5 computers. I’m between computer purchases, and know that in the next year, there’s going to be atleast 2 more new computers to link to. What happens when you reach your maximum? Can you reset?
- I wish there was better integration with Flickr.
- Every app I’ve found is played inside the browser, I wish there were more standalone apps.
- The keyboard takes some getting used to - and i don’t even have very overweight fingers…
- iTunes wants to sync everything on my laptop with the Touch, and it takes some muscling around to stop that sort of behaviour ;-)
- I wish the contacts and calendar would sync with Google, instead of outlook….
Blogged with Flock